The Over the Hill Gang Volkssport Club
Minutes of the May 23, 2012 meeting
Round Table Pizza, 34410 16th Ave. Ct., Federal Way, WA 6:30 p.m.
Call to Order Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by club president, Diane Wagner. Ten members were present.
Invitation from NW Tulip Trekkers for Memorial Day Walk/Picnic in Blaine
Powell Butte (Gresham) OR is cancelled for the year due to construction
Milestones Marilyn Viola – 475 events, 5500 km
Minutes of the April 25, 2012 meeting Motion was made, seconded and passed to accept the minutes as submitted by the secretary.
Treasurer’s Report Ken Grieser reported the there is $3,250.96 in the club’s checkbook. There is some money yet to be deposited.
Year round Events (number of participants YTD)
Auburn/White River – 5
Boyhood Memories – 27
Historical – 24
Federal Way – 27
Juneau – no report
City (has new route without sandbags) – 18 (May)
Green River – 0 (May)
Lake Fenwick – 7 (May)
Maple Valley – 25
Membership There are 36 members (paid, honorary and lifetime). Dues for June 2012-June2013 may be paid now.
Sales Record books can be purchased from Alicia Maxcy.
Sickness/Sympathy Joan Grieser missed the meeting due to a sore knee.
ESVA meeting held on May 12 The following were elected into office: Pres- Mike Nagen, First VP – Nancy Wittenberg, Second VP- Sharon Moats, Secretary – Bonnie Tucker, Treasurer – Nancy Regan. Our Area Coordinator is Dorman Batson. The motion for Parliamentarian failed. The motion to set the chairman (Dick Baker), editor (Eleanor Borgardts) and treasurer (Jan Hagemeister) of the NW Pathfinder passed. The Over the Hill Gang received a 20 year acknowledgement ribbon from the AVA.
The 2013 Starting Point orders are due by July 1. No additional copies will be available. The estimated delivery date is early December. If you would like to place an order contact Diane Wagner. Daffodil Valley has indicated a desire to join our order.
NW Trek event is August 16 (Thursday). Help is still needed. Contact Diane Wagner.
DuPont event bills are in and it’s not pretty. We have done this event for 20 years and would hate to see us not continue. Diane Wagner will check into using the Girl Scout Center as a possible start point as they charge no fee and there is plenty of parking.
Break for Drawing $10.00 was collected. Leonard Bahr won $5.00. The club received $5.00.
- Plans for 2013 YRE and Seasonals The motion to continue the same YRE’s and Seasonal walks was made, seconded and passed. All the YRE’s with the exception of Lake Fenwick made money. Walking on the roads near Lake Fenwick is very dangerous so trail will have to be altered for another year.
- Diane Wagner has been placing brochures advertising our YRE’s at information tables at events.
- Debbie Connell expressed the idea to have YRE brochures made available at Malls where walking programs are held.
- The question was asked, why was the club charged a quarterly processing fee of $5.00 even when there were no walkers on the trail during that time? An answer will try to be found.
- Club Picnic – Motion was made, seconded and passed to have a picnic. Place and time to be determined at next meeting. Dorothy and Leonard Bahr suggested that it could be held at their home. Decision to be made later.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Marianne Bastin, secretary
Dates to remember
June 23 Ballard NW/Emerald City Wanders
24 Angle Lake/SeaTac Volkssports Club
27 The Over the Hill Gang meeting, 6:30 p.m.
August 15 Mark trail for NW Trek (Wednesday)
16 NW Trek event (Thursday)